Our business experience
In more than 20 years, Hughes Consulting has built an extensive portfolio of business experience, working across both the private and public sectors, with clients in the following sectors:
- logistics, ports, parcels and postal
- data analysis and official statistics
- banking, insurance and financial services
- telecommunications and air traffic control
- energy and roading infrastructure
- core government departments
A common feature of many of client organisations is that they are, or are contributors to, network businesses utilising large scale systems and processes or involved in regulating networks.
Value delivered to clients
Hughes Consulting can show high value-for-money to our clients from our participation in strategic business initiatives. Specific examples are:
- strategies to create core competencies, and leverage existing core competencies into new areas of business
- design, development and launch of new multi-sided market platforms
- design and development of systems, product and organisational responses to change in markets from competitive actions and emerging trends
- development of negotiating strategies in contractual disputes
Much of our work involves assisting organisations respond to strategic issues that arise from changes and developments in the digital economy.
A feature of the way we work with clients is to transfer our specialist knowledge to our clients. This is an important feature of the way we work and we have developed a publishing arm to our business.
References to our work
The New Zealand Productivity Commission’s final report on transitioning to a low-emissions economy (August 2018), page 330.