We are always learning and sharing our ideas
Hughes Consulting is actively involved in research on implications of emerging trends on organisations. This research applies scientific methods within frameworks underpinned by financial economic and strategic management theories. We also work collaboratively with thought leaders and academics. We work at both challenging conceptual issues and practical implementation considerations.
Our research activity is funded entirely by us and our co-authors, and we have no other relevant affiliations.
- Hughes, R.D. 2016 The Drive of Business: Strategies for Creating Business Angles
- Cook, L.W. and Hughes, R.D. 2018. Information and Institutions of Government Accountability
Examples of some papers and research reports we have contributed to are:
- Hughes, R. and P. Molloy 2017 Is the ETS worth the carbon it is written on for small-scale forest owners? New Zealand Journal of Forestry. 61(4), pp. 31-36.
- Cook, L. and R. Hughes 2009 Driving Improved Value for Money in the New Zealand Public Sector, Policy Quarterly. 5(4), pp. 56-63.
- Cook, L. and R. Hughes 2010 The new governance arrangements for the public health sector and the need for wider public sector reform, Institute of Policy Studies, Victoria University of Wellington, IPS WP 10/04.
- Cook, L. and R. Hughes 2009 Value for Money from Public Services under Continually Constrained Budgets: A Strategic Approach, Policy Quarterly. 5(2), pp. 32-38.